S4S UK is committed to keep all children whom we work with safe. Together with our Trustees, staff, volunteers, advisors and the people we work with we have designed a strong Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy.
S4S UK intends to operate under the following principles:
* The welfare of the child is paramount.
* All children have the right to protection from abuse regardless of gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality or beliefs.
* No child or group of children must be treated any less favourably than others in being able to access services which meet their particular needs.
* All suspicions and allegations of abuse will be taken seriously and responded to swiftly and appropriately.
* All of S4S UK's Trustees, employees and volunteers have a responsibility to report concerns.
* All trustees, employees and volunteers of S4S are to commit to a Safeguarding Code of Conduct upon commencement of work.
All Trustees, employees and volunteers of S4S UK will be made aware of this policy and of what to do if s/he has any concerns in relation to the child protection or any of the issues referred to above. The policy provides guidance for those responding to concerns so that they are properly dealt with.
It is S4S UK’s policy that no-one shall work with children within the organisation who has been convicted of or has received a formal police caution concerning an offence against children.
This means that:
* All who work directly with children under the auspices of S4S UK will be required to be checked through the respective authorities in their country, and are expected at all times to conform with good practice in their work.
* S4S UK will take all reasonable steps, including obtaining disclosures from the respective authorities, to ensure that persons who have been convicted or have received a formal police caution concerning sexual offences against children shall not undertake work with children under the auspices of S4S UK.
S4S UK encourages children and adults to voice concerns or raise complaints to any of the organisation’s trustees, employees or volunteers about unacceptable and/or abusive behaviour towards children.
Contact us for more information about our Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy.